Karen Brennan, our T550 professor, sent us an email with notes about our final project. This was the section at the end, which I really appreciated. While I am starting to feel exhausted, I’m trying to tap into my excitement about learning new things.
There are only a few weeks left of classes, and project deadlines are fast approaching. These are the projects I’m working on:
- T510s: creating a data report or visualization with my own personal data from the course. I don’t really know what specific question to answer, and I’m still in the process of trying to identify relationships in my data.
- T522: creating a game level that teaches STEM concepts in Unity where the user drags and drops crates on a boat, and triggering different animations based on how they arrange those crates
- T550: creating another part of that game level where users build a boat, dragging and dropping various tools and shapes together
- T509: creating a self-paced online learning experience around formative assessment tools
Here are the things I’ve been working on and learning:
- Coding and making games in Unity
- Visualizing data using various online tools, like Infoactive
- Using Photoshop to create 2D artwork and sprites
Even though this is a project-intensive semester, I’m looking forward to having finished products that I can build a portfolio with.
In addition to all these academic projects, I have personal projects I’m working on, too.
One is finishing this ripple crochet blanket (pattern here). I started it a few weeks ago, and it’s neat to see how far I’ve come along. I work on it when I have free time, and it’s one of the ways I relax and de-stress.
Another project is getting little wedding planning details out of the way. David and I are getting married next September, and we’ve got the most important things settled away (guest list, venue, dress, our awesome stop motion Save the Date video). Now it’s just things like finding and bookmarking craft project tutorials, and compiling a music playlist. We’re having a black and rainbow 90s themed wedding – music suggestions appreciated!
I’m really glad we got the big things taken care of before we moved here, as now I can completely focus on my studies. It’s still fun to work on little side projects now and then, though!